Explore Downtown Chicago -Hotel Indigo is the perfect hotel for exploring the Windy City, enjoying an evening at the theater or visiting Chicago's exciting attractions, such as Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium, Art Institute of Chicago, Lincoln Park Zoo, Brookfield Zoo, Willis Tower, Millennium Park and John Hancock Observatory. Just beyond our hotel front doors, in the Gold Coast neighborhood, you'll find exciting entertainment, art galleries, shopping, museums, historic landmarks, parks, beaches, sightseeing tours, events and wonderful dining - from sidewalk bistros to gourmet dining to deep dish pizza.
Chicago Gold Coast Culture & Arts -Discover a performing arts scene with stimulating live theatre and emerging artists in nearby art galleries in Chicago's Gold Coast and beyond. Marvel at world art at internationally-acclaimed museums, such as the Art Institute of Chicago, the Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Museum of Science and Industry. Downtown Chicago's Museum Campus - just a few miles away - is home to Chicago's Field Museum of Natural History, the Shedd Aquarium and Adler Planetarium.
Your Chicago Gold Coast Adventure Begins at Hotel Indigo -Enjoy Chicago's green spaces and historic zoo at nearby Lincoln Park, where you can stroll through the conservatory or meet the zoo's primates, polar bears and wild beasts. Four blocks away, you'll discover Chicago's beautiful Oak Street Beach - an idyllic spot for enjoying the sunrise over Lake Michigan. Stroll through the quaint neighborhood of Old Town where you'll find stately brick townhouses and the city's top comedy clubs, including the famed Second City. For an art adventure, head over to Wicker Park and Bucktown, alive with art galleries, coffee shops and historic St. Hedwig Church.
A Haven For Chicago Sports Fans -Hotel Indigo Chicago is a natural haven for avid sports fans. Our hotel is within a few miles from historic Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs, US Cellular Field, home of the Chicago White Sox, Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears, and the United Center, where the Chicago Bulls heat up the hard woods.
Chicago Gold Coast Attractions
- Old Town - 0.25 mile
- Rush Street - 0.25 mile
- Historical Society - 0.25 mile
- Magnificent Mile - 0.5 mile
- Hancock Building - 0.5 mile
- Oak Street Beach - 0.5 mile
- Water Tower Place - 0.5 mile
- Second City - 0.5 mile
- Steppenwolf Theater - 0.5 mile
- Oak Street Shopping District- 0.5 mile
- American Girl Shop - 0.5 mile
- 900 North Michigan Avenue Shopping - 0.5 mile
- Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum - 0.5 mile
- Lincoln Park & Zoo - 0.5 mile
- John Hancock Observatory - 1 mile
- Museum of Contemporary Art - 1 mile
- River North Galleries - 1 mile
- Merchandise Mart - 1.5 miles
- Navy Pier - 2 miles
- Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) - 2 miles
- Art Institute of Chicago - 2 miles
- Boys Town - 2 miles
- Wrigley Field. Chicago Cubs - 2.5 miles
- Grant Park - 3 miles
- Millennium Park - 3 miles
- Museum Campus - Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium & Adler Planetarium - 3 miles
- Soldier Field/Chicago Bears - 3 miles
- McCormick Place Convention Center - 4 miles
- United Center/Chicago Bulls - 4 miles
- Museum of Science and Industry - 6 miles
- Take Exit 49A, West Division Street.
- Proceed East 1.6 miles to North Dearborn. Turn Left.
- Hotel Indigo Chicago is on the Left.
Getting Around Chicago -Considering Chicago is the third largest city in the country, it is pretty easy to get around whether you're walking, riding the trains or taking a taxi. The "EL" is just one block from Hotel Indigo Chicago at the Clark/Division St. Red Line stop.
Chicago Transit Authority -CTA offers fast, direct train service from both airports to downtown, convenient bus and train lines to major attractions, simple fare cards, easy-to-use maps and brochures, and custom trip planning for groups.
Metra -Hop aboard Metra, where all train tracks lead to Chicago fun. Metra operates 12 commuter rail lines into downtown Chicago from the six-county area of northeast Illinois.
Union Station -1.2 miles from the hotel.
"EL" Clark/Division Red Line -Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast is conveniently located 1 block East of the Clark/Division Red Line station
- Just ask the hotel's guest services desk to call you a taxi. In Chicago, you pay the amount shown on the taximeter, plus any tolls. The meter should start at $2.25, plus $1.00 for each additional passenger, and then increase $1.60 for every mile or $2.00 for every six minutes of waiting time.